Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ibrox Stadium (Rangers v St Mirren)

The main facade of Ibrox Stadium.


Yesterday I went to Ibrox Stadium where Rangers and St Mirren met for a Scottish Cup fifth round replay. The first game at St Mirren Park had ended goalless but St Mirren had the better chances on the night and I suppose they were a bit unlucky not to have scored. I think most people felt St Mirren had their chance and Rangers would have an easy job at home.

Rangers did win however it was probably not as easy as they had expected unfortunately also not as difficult as I had hoped. It did not take penalties or even extra time, all it took was a late Kris Boyd goal. Rangers were deserved winners so I could live with it but this habit of losing late goals that the Saints have adopted has started to become very annoying.

At least it did not take me long to get back home. Ibrox is by far the easiest away game to travel to for me, only 15 minutes on the bus.

For more pictures of Ibrox see this post and this one.


Approaching Ibrox.


The Copland Stand. The game was no sell-out but still a respectable crowd of over 30,000.


The Main Stand.


My seat was next to the Rangers supporters in the Govan Stand.


The Broomloan Stand.


The St Mirren supporters in the Govan West Corner.


Wednesday 17th February 2010
The Active Nation Scottish Cup Round Five (Replay)
Rangers 1 St Mirren 0
Goal: Boyd 86.
Att: 31,086
Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine
Google PageRank Checker Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.NetMsn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free My Ping in TotalPing.com
Feedage Grade B rated
Preview on Feedage: sport Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki